The Territory Government celebrates the dedicated effort and outstanding achievements of all rangers across the Territory through the annual NT Ranger Awards.
Throughout the Territory there are over 600 rangers working in a diverse range of roles within protected areas and Aboriginal Land Trusts.
Rangers are entrusted with a broad set of responsibilities such as protecting natural areas through fire, weed and feral animal management; managing visitor facilities, services, safety and security; managing cultural heritage sites and providing environmental and heritage education.
The NT Ranger Awards recognise the significant contribution and commitment rangers make in managing the natural and cultural assets of the Territory. The Awards aim to promote excellence, celebrating both individuals and teams.
Congratulations to the following award recipients of the NT Ranger Awards 2012 for their outstanding effort and commitment to our natural and cultural assets in the Territory.
- Justin Paech - Development and Training Award
- Phil Cowan - Minister's Award for Outstanding Personal Achievement
- Crocodile Islands Rangers - Minister's Award for Outstanding Team Achievement
- Damien Clayton - Ranger of the Year - Arnhem
- Andrew Peckham - Ranger of the Year - Barkly-Katherine-VRD
- Shannon Lander - Ranger of the Year - Central Australia
- Lincoln Wilson - Ranger of the Year - Top End
- Lincoln Wilson - Ranger of the Year 2012